It’s no secret one of the most at-risk groups in this time of Covid-19 crisis is kids in the out-of-home-care system.
There are a number of reasons for this:
1. Kids in care are usually dealing with underlying trauma, and the change in routine and expectations can really mess with their heads in a significant way.
2. Kids who have attachment issues find cabin fever far more difficult to manage or understand than the rest of us, and it can cause their behaviour to escalate, and/or their mental health to take a hit.
3. Carer families have less access to respite care (avoiding multi-family contagion issues).
4. Carer families are under far more pressure than usual, as they navigate their kids being at home more often than usual.
5. Kids in un-safe environments are les